Monday: 7:30 am until 5:30 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am until 5:30 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am until 8:00 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am until 5:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am until 3:00 pm
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Brenda Thomson
Dr. Thomson has practiced general dentistry in Centennial Plaza on Lorne Park Road for the past 27 years. During this period she has built a strong and diverse practice with over 2,500 active patients, three dental associates, four hygienists, and five support staff. On a daily basis Dr. Brenda provides comprehensive dental care (restorative dentistry, endodontics, prosthodontics, implantology and cosmetics), and manages a thriving hygiene practice.
- Qualifications - Dr. Thomson completed her DDS qualification at the University of Western Ontario in 1984; and her BSC Honours Zoology in 1978 at the same university. During her dental program she was on the Dean’s Honour Roll for dentistry, and received the paediatric award for childrens’ dentistry in Ontario.
- Continuing Education - throughout her career, Dr. Brenda has been extremely active in continuing education, significantly expanding her practice capabilities.
- Leadership - Dr. Brenda has been involved in organized dentistry for many years, both as a member, director and past-president of Halton-Peel Dentistry Association, as past-president of the Women Dentists Association of Ontario, and as a councillor for the Ontario Dentistry Association.
- Community - Over the years, Dr. Brenda has been strongly committed to improving her community, with sponsorships including: Interim Place; Renaissance Place; the Canadian Cancer Association; Trillium Hospital; the Eye Foundation of Canada; and Heart House Hospice (formerly Hospice of Peel).
- Honours - Dr. Brenda is a Fellow of the American College of Dentistry; a fellow of the International College of Dentists; and a fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy. As well she was honoured with the Ontario Dental Association’s Governance Leadership Award in both 2002 and 2004, and in 2012 the ODA Award of Merit. In 2009 she received the Halton-Peel Dental Association’s Service Award to recognize her contribution while president of the HPDA.
- Interests - Dr. Brenda leads an active lifestyle, with a particular passion for skiing. She has qualified as a Level 2 ski instructor, and has trained in Canada, the US, Europe, Latin America and Japan. Her other interests include curling, tennis, travel and family – including two grand children.
- Other -
Over ten years ago, Dr. Thomson introduced the concept of ‘therapy dogs’ into her practice and currently has two small lap dogs (Charlie and Lily) that work at the office every day. The comfort provided by these dogs significantly reduces patient stress, with most children and adult patients alike asking to have one of the dogs with them during treatment.
Dr. Mi Seong (Missy) D'Souza
Dr. Missy D'Souza combines her clinical skills with a warm and gentle personality, to put even the most apprehensive patient at ease. Dr. Missy loves providing great dental care to families and is very proud that 3 generations of one family - from toddler to grandparent, have chosen her as their dentist. Born in Daegu, South Korea, Dr. Missy grew up in Sudbury, Ontario. Dr. Missy D'Souza has practiced dentistry in Mississauga since 2006.
- Qualifications - Dr. Missy received her DDS degree from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and her Honours BSc in Biochemistry at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario. During her university years, Dr. Missy was awarded 3 prestigious grants to conduct research at the University of Toronto. Her work on the biodegradation of dental composites was presented at the leading forum for dental research – The International Association for Dental Research General Session. She is also co-author of 2 papers in the scientific literature.
- Continuing Education – Dr. Missy is dedicated to life-long learning. To expand and advance her skills, she attends several continuing education courses each year. She has completed courses in all aspects of dentistry, though she is particularly interested in esthetic and cosmetic dentistry, implant dentistry and endodontics. Dr. Missy is a member of both the Canadian and Ontario Dental Associations.
- Community – Dr. Missy is highly committed to the Clarkson and Lorne Park communities. She and her husband are active members of St. Christopher's Catholic Church on Clarkson Road. Through in-class visits to local schools, she has taught hundreds of kindergarten and Grade 1 students about the importance of healthy teeth and mouths.
- Interests – Dr Missy loves to sing and dance, swim and do aerobics. She is an avid card player and loves board games. She is married to Clarkson native and Citytv News Anchor, Francis D'Souza, and they are joyfully raising their 3 young boys.