Monday: 7:30 am until 5:30 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am until 5:30 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am until 8:00 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am until 5:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am until 3:00 pm
Early Childhood Tooth Decay
This is a serious disease found in the teeth of infants and toddlers from as young as even one year old. It usually happens when your child falls asleep with infant formula, cow's milk, or juice still in the mouth. Most liquids contain sugar or other sweeteners, which can be very damaging to your child's teeth when left in the mouth for prolonged periods of time.
Early childhood decay is preventable. Here are some ways to stop it:
- Never put your child to bed with a bottle or sippy cup of milk, formula, juice or any liquid other than water,
- Between meals, give your infant or toddler water to drink,
- Start bottle weaning and introduce drinking from a cup by one year of age,
- Clean your child's gums and teeth every day. Wipe the gums with a clean cloth, and brush the teeth with a soft bristled toothbrush,
- Consult your paediatrician or dentist before giving any fluoride toothpaste or fluoride supplements to your child.